1. Provide a quality learning environment for our students.
2. Prepare graduates to be competitive in the job market.
3. Pursue an active research agenda and relevant developmental opportunities.
4. Effectively serve our students, university community and external stakeholders.
Processes to achieve/access the goals;
Goal 1 Objectives
- Obtain a 95% satisfaction level with our students.
- Offer a balance of online vs. traditional classes that 60% of our students find acceptable.
- Make courses available on the days/times preferred by students such that 67% of the students do not encounter any scheduling difficulties.
Goal 2 Objectives
- At the time the senior exit survey (usually administered about mid-way in the final semester), at least 50% of graduating seniors should have received a job offer or made plans to enter graduate school.
- In the Management program, get at least 50% of majors involved in a certification program.
- At least 60% of graduating seniors should have completed an internship, completed a certification, or taken a study abroad trip.
Goal 3 Objectives
- As a department, average a minimum of one peer-reviewed article each year.
- As a department, average a minimum of one paper presentation at an academic conference each year.
- As a department, average a minimum of one continuing education initiative each year.
Goal 4 Objectives
- As a department, sponsor a minimum of two student organizations and advise three additional student organizations across campus.
- As a department, average serving on at least two UWG-related committees.
- As a department, average serving on at least one community-related initiative.