In an effort to better assist students with basic formatting questions, the University Writing Center (UWC) has compiled the following videos and documents. Also, should you encounter a formatting issue that is not included below, please reach out to ITS; they are available to help with all technological questions.
Microsoft Office 365
- Download Microsoft Office
- Before getting started with Microsoft, you need to make sure that you have it downloaded onto your computer. Microsoft Office 365 is available from UWG's ITS department for free for students, faculty, and full-time staff.
- Microsoft videos
- Keyboard shortcuts
- From Microsoft Support
- Instructional Documents for Microsoft Word 2007
- How to Change Microsoft Defaults (pdf)
- How to Change Header (to Exclude First Page) (pdf)
- How to Create Page Numbers in Header (pdf)
- How to Change Page Numbers in Different Sections (pdf)
- How to Create a Running Head in Header (pdf)
- How to Create Footnotes (pdf)
- How to Create Hanging Indentations (pdf)
Microsoft Downloadable Documents
- Different Citation Formatted Documents
- Table of Contents
- Google Docs
- Google Docs - Full Tutorial video from Prolific Oaktree
Google Docs Pre-Setup
- Different Citation Formatted Docs
- Make sure you copy and paste the information or download these docs before trying
to use them. Please, don't request to use them because these are publicly available.
(Everyone will be able to see your work.)
- To Download: Click on File > Click on Download > Click on Microsoft Word (.docx)
- If you don't have Microsoft Word, it will take a few extra steps. Click on File > Click on Download > Click on PDF document (.pdf). Now, upload the pdf to your Google Drive. You will then be prompted to open it into Google Docs.