How to Apply
We are accepting applications for the Fall 2018 Cohort. The priority application date is April 15th.
Note: Before you apply, please review the list below of items that are required for admission to the Doctorate in Higher Education Administration.
1. Online Application
Complete the online application for graduate admissions. The online application requires a $40.00 non-refundable application fee. You will receive a confirmation message indicating that your application has been submitted.
2. Official Transcripts
Request official transcripts from all institution(s) you have attended, even if only for transfer credit (Must include both undergraduate and graduate). If a transcript is mailed to you, it cannot be treated as official if it has been opened. Please forward all required application materials in one packet to Graduate Admissions.
3. Program Specific Requirements for Doctorate in Higher Education Administration
We do not accept any standardized tests except for the GRE, and the scores must be less than five years old. We cannot make any exceptions to this policy.
Guidelines for Admittance
All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
International applicants are subject to additional requirements and application deadlines. See Procedures for International Students.
Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Graduate Admissions Office. Please review the Courses tab for a detailed plan of study.
Program Specific Admittance Guidelines
In order to eligible to apply to the Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration, all of the following must be met:
- Graduate Application
- Letter of intent articulating professional goals
- Three letters of support from: (1) Previous faculty member, (2) Direct supervisor, (3) Applicant’s choosing
- Official university transcripts from all schools attended
- Masters degree
- A graduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 (all graduate coursework)
- At least 3 to 5 years of supervisory or budgetary full time professional experience in a higher education setting
- Writing sample – a term paper at least 5 pages and no longer than 10 pages in length
- Competitive GRE scores* with minima preferred scores:
- GRE Verbal, 151
- GRE Quantitative, 142
- Writing, 3.5
4. Submitting Required MaterialsPlease submit all materials online to the Graduate Application Portal.
5. Check your application's status
Log -in to our Gradute Application Portal to check the status of your application.
When attempting to login, your ID Number will be your social security number, and your PIN is the last 2 digits of your birth year followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you have forgotten your pin, please select 'Change Pin'.
Example: If your social security number is 123-45-6789 and birth year is 1990, then your login information will be:
ID = 123456789 Pin = 906789
If you are an international student please click here for any additional requirements.