Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of West Georgia!
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
What's Next? Checklist:
After academic admission, you'll need to complete the steps below in order to received your immigration documents, student visa and proceed to the next steps.
- If you've never visited UWG, please check out our video campus tour, self-guided virtual tour, and our interactive campus map.
- These steps are also in our International Pre-Arrival Guide.
- On that page, click > Financial tab > New Int'l Student Financial Certification.
- On the form, provide details and supporting documentation about your source of income for 1 year.
- Depedents (spouse or child): This is also where you provide additional support for them in Section II, #2.
- Then, email the form back to ISAP for review and processing of your form I-20 or DS-2019.
- RECEIVE: I-20 or DS-2019
- APPLY FOR: Student Visa (F1 or J1)
- ACTIVATE: Your "MyUWG" Account
- ARRANGE: Housing
6. ARRIVE & SETTLE: ISAP is unable to provide an airport pick-up shuttle Spring Semester, 2021, but there are other options at the link.
10. (Optional) REQUEST: Waiver of Student Health Insurance
- Students who with alternate health insurance coverage that meets eligibility requirements may request a waiver of the university's plan.
- Health insurance waivers are not automatic and must be submitted each Fall and Spring for consideration.
- If the student wishes to keep the university provided plan, no action is required except to pay that portion of fees in the student account by the payment deadline.
11. UPDATE: Your Local Address in Carrollton
- Whenever you move, log into Banweb and update your local address within 10 days.
- Also inform ISAP so we can update your address in SEVIS. The 2 addresses should always match.
- Your local address is your responsibility to avoid official mail going to an outdated address.