The categories and forms below are used to document requests by students related to visa status. Some require authorization by ISAP, your Academic Department, USCIS, or all three. Please contact ISAP with any questions.

  • Enrollment
    • Reinstatement

      For general information about reinstatement and other options to restore status, please see "Fixing Terminated Status" on our Maintaining Status page

      Reinstatement - Instructions

      Reinstatement - ISAP Request Form

      • For general information about reinstatement, please also see "Fixing Terminated Status," on our Maintaining Status Page.
    • Transfer-out (from UWG)
      Transferring Out 

      In order to transfer your immigration record to another USCIS approved school, you must:

      • currently be in active F1 status at UWG
      • present an acceptance letter from the new school
      • submit the transfer out request form below. 

      Transfer Our Form

      Email completed documentation and form to with your 917 number and full name. Processing time is 3-5 business days. 

    • Transfer-in (to UWG)
      Transferring In

      In order to transfer your immigration record from another USCIS approved school to UWG, you must:

      • currently be in active F1 status at your current school
      • be admitted to UWG
      • submit the transfer-in form below

      Transfer-In Form

      Email completed documentation and form to with your 917 number and full name. Processing time is 3-5 business days.


    • Transient Enrollment
      Transient Enrollment

      This form is used when you want to maintain enrolloment at another USCIS approved host institution while also taking a part-time course(s) at UWG. 

      Transient Approval Form

      Email completed form to

    • Enrollment Withdrawal Request 
      Withdrawal Request 

      In order to end your enrollment at UWG before completing your current semester or program of study. 

      Withdrawal Request Form

      Email completed form to

    • If you are completing a degree at UWG and wish to enroll in a next-level degree (Masters or Doctorate), simply apply to the program you wish and let ISAP know when you are admitted.

      1. Provide ISAP your new admissions letter
      2. Provide ISAP proof of funding to support your new degree program.

      ISAP staff will assist you in the process of updating your current form I-20 to reflect the higher level degree program.

      You will not need to depart the US if your visa has expired, in this situation.
      You will not need to pay another SEVIS fee

      Graduate Degree Programs at UWG
    • I-20 Extension Request

      I-20 Extension Request

      Email completed form to

    • Reduced Course Load: All Reasons

      Reduced Course Load Request

      Email completed form to

  • Employment
    • CPT - Curricular Practical Training 

      CPT - UWG Application

      CPT - UWG Checklist

      Email completed form to:

      Be sure to include your name and 917#.

    • Employers! Hire a UWG International Student
      Employer Guide to Hiring International Students 

      Hring an UWG international student is easy as long as the student is authorized for CPT or OPT by the US Government. The international office at UWG takes care of that. Our Employer's Guide provides all the details. Call or email if you have any questions: | 678-839-4780

      Off Campus Employer Guide

    • SSN - How to Get One
      You'll need 2 items: 
      1. Support Letter for the SSN
      • Print the Fillable Letter in support of SSN Application on official department or office letterhead, signed by the supervisor of the employment.
      • Then, come by ISAP for review, approval and secondary signature.
      • Last, take this letter to the Social Security Administration (SSA) office in Villa Rica, GA with your SSN application.
      2. The SSN Application
      • Page 1-4 are instructions only, so just complete the application on page 5. Don't forget to sign!   
      • Here is the SS# Application
    • OPT: Gov't Form I-765
      I-765 Initial OPT Application to USCIS

      Use this form to apply for employment authorization. Once approved, you will recieve an employment authorization document (EAD card). See the employment page for more details on how to fill out the form.  

    • OPT: Gov't Form I-983
      OPT STEM Extension Application to USCIS

      Form I-983

      Use this form for to apply for the STEM Extension prior to the completion of initial OPT.  See an ISAP advisor about this process first.  

    • OPT: UWG Internal Form - Application for Initial 12 Months
      UWG Optional Practical Training Application

      Email completed form to

      Once you are approved for OPT, please provide ISAP a copy of the following:

      1. Your EAD (OPT) Card - front & back
      2. My OPT Responsibilites with your signature

      If you have any questions about the information on the responsibilites form, don't hesitate to ask us for clarification in advance!

    • OPT: Application - for 24 month STEM Extension
      OPT STEM Extension Application

      Those with a degree in a S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) may apply for a STEM extension of the initial 12 month OPT. Please meet with an ISAP advisor to discuss this extension. You must already be approved for OPT, and employed in a STEM approved field with a STEM eligible major in order to apply for the OPT STEM extension.


    • OPT: Application Checklist

      Use this helpful checklist to make sure you have all the parts of your OPT application available and correct before mailing it to USCIS for processing.

      OPT Checklist


      *If you have having trouble picking an OPT Start Date. Please use this Choosing a Start Date for OPT Graphic. 

    • Student Employment Resources
      F1 International students can work on campus without addition authorization. J1 students, visit ISAP first for authorization. 

      UWG On Campus Employment Options

    • OPT: Update Employment Portal
      During OPT, you can log-in directly to SEVIS to update your employment information. Use the portal below. 

      SEVP OPT Employer Update 


  • Financial
    • Carrollton Civic Women's Emergency Fund 
      Carrollton Civic Women's Emergency Fund 

      Open in New Window

    • New In'tl Student Financial Certification 
      Financial Certification

      Important: These forms are a required procedural step that must be complete prior to issuance of form I-20 or DS-2019, which fulfill lawful presence requirements. Failure to complete these forms prior to the start of the term will delay additional steps associated with irreversalbe deadlines i.e. course enrollment, tuition waivers, health insurance waivers, CPT, SSN, campus employment etc... 

      F-1 Student Certification Form 

      J-1 Student Certification Form 


    • Scholarship Search 
      Scholarship Search 

      Private Scholarships

    • Out-of-StateTuition Waiver Application 
      Tuition Waiver Application 

      New Window

    • UWG General Scholarship
      UWG General Scholarship