Stay West Weekend Grant Application Process
Registered student organization can apply for grants to sponsor programs on weekends once per semester!
Registered student organizations can apply for grants to sponsor programs for those weekends. A student committee that is composed of current students, graduate students, and professional staff will review all proposals and make decisions about which ones to fund. A strict timeline will be used to complete the application and event planning process.
Contact Siri Emereje at email@example.com for more information about the Stay West Weekend Grant.
Criteria for Selection
- Organizations must partner with another organization that is different from themselves
- The event should appeal to a broad range of students OR should be paired with another event so that the two events together appeal to a broad range of students
- The application should have a detailed budget, communication/marketing plan, and an assessment plan
- The budget for the Event must not exceed $4,000
- The application should demonstrate how, as a result of participation in the event,
students will begin to achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Have fun and describe UWG as a great place to go to school
- Have a sense of belonging and connection – feel that UWG is their home
- Be proud of the university – brag about it to others, wear UWG paraphernalia, etc
- Help others - know they have made a positive difference in the world
- Gain knowledge and learn skills to help them be effective leaders
- Grow and develop
- Create lifelong memories
- The event cannot be a fundraiser of any kind