- Student Employment Jump to content
- Graduate Assistantships Jump to content
- Practicum/Internships Jump to content
University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Current UREC Student Positions
- Recreational Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Specialist, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Program Assistant, Lead Supervisor
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Building Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Photographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor, Lead Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant (Climbing Wall and WGO Rental Center), WGO Supervisor and Trip Leader, WGO Manager and Trip Leader
How to Apply
- Go to WolfWorks > On Campus
- Search "Recreation" and all open UREC jobs will then appear
- Select desired position you want to apply for
- Fill out application by deadline
- Attach any supplemental documents required for consideration
- UREC team will reach out for further steps in process
- Networking opportunities
- Management experience
- On-the-job training
- Flexible hours
- On-campus job
- Transferable skills
- Opportunity for advancement/raises
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working
- Problem Solver
University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Operations & Student Development, Fitness and Wellness, and Outdoor Recreation designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found on the UWG Graduate School website.
Anticipated start date: August 2021
All qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references, GPA and GRE scores to the direct position contact below. Preference will be given to applications received by January 8, 2021. Each job description is hyperlinked in graduate assistant position title below.
Graduate Assistant positions for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Competitive Sports: Contact Caroline Mashburn, Assistant Director of Competitive Sports at email@example.com
- Events: Contact Chris Ell, Coordinator of Events at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness & Wellness: Contact Drew Powell, Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness at email@example.com
- Operations and Student Development: Contact Stephen Delaney, Interim Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
More comprehensive information about these graduate assistants can be found in our Grad Assistant Packet PDF. Please note that Events information is not included due to a delayed need.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 678-839-5500.
Practicum/Internship Opportunities with UREC
University Recreation strives to offer students diverse and hands-on learning opportunities to enhance their personal and professional growth. UREC offers practicum and internship opportunities upon request. Please fill out the below form at least 4 weeks in advance. A UREC staff member will reach out to you to set up a meeting and to discuss this opportunity
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org after you fill out and submit the above application.