Phase I (Initial On-Campus Services) - Begins June 15
Phase I will incrementally return employees to campus in a limited capacity.
Priorities include positions that are needed for campus safety or reopening, and some jobs that cannot be effectively completed from home and are critical to ongoing operations.
This phase calls for social distancing for all on-campus employees. Target date will be determined by guidance from the USG. Consistent with the governor’s executive orders and USG policy, the majority of employees will continue to work remotely.
Each Vice President will be responsible for determining their respective divisional operational and support needs for employees’ phased return to campus. Student employees may be included in the return to work plans for the division based on need and voluntary acceptance of the student employee to return to work on campus. Student employees cannot be required to return to work during this phase.
Faculty and staff identified for Phase I will return to campus to prepare the campus for Phase II and III employees and operations. Other individuals whose roles do not support remote work opportunities and whose roles are critical for the opening of campus are eligible for return. Supervisors should submit a Return to Work Exception Form (link forthcoming) for these employees.
Faculty and staff identified for Phase I return to work will be communicated with via emails from their division’s vice president and the Office of Human Resources.
All other employee roles or employees who are members of vulnerable populations shall continue to work remotely. UWG’s communication plan includes activities to ensure this is communicated properly to avoid confusion for employees.
Service and Operations Staff
Service and Operations Staff will practice social distancing through the following measures
- Staggered clock-in allowance and avoiding gathering at time clocks
- Alternative clock-in locations
- Flexible breaks and supervisor-reported break times
- Staggering lunch times and using alternative locations for lunch
- Prohibition of gatherings in shops, locker rooms, or close quarters
- Limiting vehicles to a single occupant when possible
- Access to PPE as required by job duties, including non-COVID-19 PPE
- Access to paperless work orders when available
- Working alone unless safety requires additional help
- Staggering shifts and completing training remotely
Scheduling and Workplace
- Remote Work - remote work should continue for all employees except those who meet the criteria for this phase
- Scheduling - supervisors to adjust work schedules for on-site employees per the options identified for scheduling in Appendix that ensures job roles are completed and social distancing requirements are met
- Workspaces - adjust workspace layout to accommodate social distancing or natural separation as needed
- Adjust existing face-to-face transactional procedures to allow for social distancing or appropriate safeguards to protect employee and customer during transaction
- Adjust from paper documents to electronic documents where possible
- Conduct meetings using virtual meeting resources
- Office and Service Space Access (See Appendix for Definitions)
- Customer Service/Transaction Spaces - Closed unless essential service
- Meeting/Conference spaces - Closed
- Office Service Spaces - Limited to a single employee per room, follow cleaning requirements for designated space.
- Office Secondary Spaces - Limited to authorized personnel, follow cleaning requirements for designated space.
- Building Service Spaces - Limited to authorized personnel, follow cleaning requirements for designated space.
- All meetings should be conducted using virtual meeting software
- When face-to-face meetings are required, social distancing measures are to be employed
- Travel - All non-essential travel is prohibited. Essential travel requires divisional approval by submitting the Essential Travel Authorization Form (link forthcoming). Employees returning from authorized travel will have to follow the Return to Work process defined for employees.