Although all libraries are expected to meet the normal demands of their users, specialized research needs may sometimes require that a faculty member or student use the resources of another library in the Atlanta metro area. As members of the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education (ARCHE), we are permitted to issue cards which allow access and borrowing privileges (sometimes limited) to the library resources of a specific ARCHE member, when certain conditions are met.
Those who wish to request an ARCHE card may go to the Library Front Desk, or contact one of the library staff members listed below, to have a card sent to you through Campus Mail or U.S. Mail. The following individuals are authorized to issue ARCHE cards:
- Lindsey Winchester (Circulation Dept)
- Angela Mehaffey (ILL Office 110)
- Margot Davis (ILL Office 110)
For a complete explanation of the ARCHE InterLibrary Use Policy, as well as a list of member institutions, go to Interlibrary Use Policies & Procedures.
Important to Know
- ARCHE cards can only be issued to patrons who are in good standing with our Library (no fines owed, no overdue or LOST materials from either Ingram Library, Interlibrary Loan or GIL Express libraries, and currently enrolled or employed by UWG.
- ARCHE cards are issued for one specific library in the ARCHE system, so you must get a card for EACH library you intend to use.
- When using your ARCHE card, you will be required to present your UWG ID card.
- Each user is responsible for familiarizing him/herself with the policies of the visited library; for example, some libraries do not allow outside users to enter during exam periods, so be sure to check before going to any particular library.
|Faculty cards are issued for one year.||Student Cards are issued for one semester.|
Faculty cards are issued for one year.
Student Cards are issued for one semester.