ARCHE Cross Registration
The Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education's Cross Registration Program allows students at ARCHE member institutions to broaden their academic experience by registering for courses at other member colleges and universities. It shares the resources of ARCHE member specialties by providing students access to courses not offered at their home institution and allows a chance to experience a different campus environment.
Participating schools allow you to take courses on a space available basis. No seats are "held" for cross registration requests. Always have a back-up plan that includes a course at your home institution in case your cross registration request cannot be processed.
Registration is handled through a student's home institution. Students must contact their college or university's Cross Registration Coordinator, and the University of West Georgia's Cross Registration Coordinator is April Luallen.
What Do I Need to Know?
Starting the Cross Registration Process
Students who wish to utilize the ARCHE Cross Registration Program in order to attend the AFROTC Program at Georgia Tech may want to review more information.
Special Note: Students must be registered in at least 3 hours at UWG to participate in the ARCHE program. We cannot process your application until you are registered for the semester you plan to enroll in the ARCHE program.
The ARCHE Cross Registration Program application is now online. Only the online application will be accepted. Please complete the online application.
Fall - July15
- Spring - November 15
- Summer - UWG does not participate in the Summer
- Students who wish to cross register must complete the online application and follow all instructions given. Once the application has been completed, students will provide their Academic Advisor with the link they receive.
- Student must complete a new ARCHE Cross Registration Application for any subsequent term.
- Once all approvals have been obtained, the host institution's Cross Registration Coordinator will register students for the approved course(s) on a space-available basis after the host institution's regularly enrolled or continuing students have had first priority for registration. The host institution's Cross Registration Coordinator will inform the student of approval and registration status via the student's email account.
- Students must abide by all host institutions' policies and schedules regarding grades, exam dates, absences, and add/drop/withdrawal deadlines. To withdraw/drop from a course, both UWG and the host institution's withdrawal procedures must be followed. Changes in registration must be approved by UWG and the host institution's Cross Registration Coordinators.
Information for Advisors
- When a student has completed their part of the cross-registration application, they will receive an email with a link to their application. The student will be instructed to forward that email to their Academic Advisor.
- Advisors should click on the link in the forwarded email from the student to access the student's cross registration application. Click "Next Page" to see the information required from Advisement.
- Complete the section labeled "This section to be filled out only by Academic Advisor".
- If the student is approved, please sign and submit the application. If the student is denied, do not sign and submit. Please contact the student to communicated the denial and provide the next steps to be approved in the future.
If you decide to drop an ARCHE cross registration class during drop/add or withdraw after classes have begun, it is your responsibility to notify both your home and host institution coordinators. Failure to do so can result in a grade of "F".